ClinGen approved the MSeqDR Consortium mitochondrial DNA Sequence Variant Interpretation (SVI) specifications
June 30, 2020 Dr. Lishuang SHEN 0
MSeqDR Consortium has been developing the mtDNA specifications for mitochondrial-coding genes, in collaboration with the ClinGen and ClinVar teams.
The mtDNA specifications were officially approved by the ClinGen Sequence Variant Interpretation Working Group on June 12, 2020.
These ACMG-oriented mtDNA SVI guidelines are being implemented into tools at https://mseqdr.org to aid in the clinical interpretation of variants. It will soon be available at variant annotation tool mvTool (mtDNA), and other more specific ACMG guideline compatible interpretation tools.
Categories: MSeqDr.org News, updates, media report
- Recent publications from MSeqDR supported by the UMDF and NIH grants
- ClinGen / ClinVar – MSeqDR Working Groups & Expert Panels
- ClinGen approved the MSeqDR Consortium mitochondrial DNA Sequence Variant Interpretation (SVI) specifications
- U24 Mitochondrial Diseases Expert Panel is establishing 63 genes’ Leigh Disease associations at ClinGen
- MSeqDr joins FAIRsharing – A curated resource on data and metadata standards
- Quick-Mitome version 2 with new annotations, workflow, and tutorial
- Mondo Disease Ontology is coming to MSeqDR, Disease Portal received more disease entries
- MSeqDR to present tutorial workshop for the 5th year at the UMDF Mitochondrial Medicine Symposium
- mvTool v3: Added variant data from 40,000 people, Asians and Sadinians, meta-AF reference, new single variant report
- Leigh Syndrome Resources at MSeqDR.org